I have lots of interesting articles on Handyside I've collected over 19 years. This one is about a tender Handyside submitted for the design of the Luis Bridge (River Douro), Porto in Portugal. Ultimately they didnt win the contract for this bridge, it was awarded to Belgian Société de Willebroek. But below is their tender for the design.
A competition was initiated in November 1880, in order to construct a double-deck metal bridge, which included projects by Compagnie de Fives-Lille, Cail & C., Schneider & Co., Gustave Eiffel, Lecoq & Co., Société de Braine-le-Comte, Société des Batignolles (which submitted two ideas), Andrew Handyside & Co., Société de Construction de Willebroek (also two projects), and John Dixon.
If you know of any items (apart from Post boxes) in the world bearing the Andrew Handyside badge that I have not marked on my world map then please let me know.
Join my Andrew Handyside Facebook group :
https://www.facebook.com/
View my Andrew Handyside world map :
https://www.google.com/maps/d/
Follow my Andrew Handyside Blog :
https://friargatebridge.
Join my Andrew Handyside Flickr group :
https://www.flickr.com/groups/
View my Andrew Handyside video playlist :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Thanks
Andy


No comments:
Post a Comment